Wednesday, July 21, 2010

that time of year

It's festival season, it's festival season! I never did understand why having festivals in the summer is the norm, because it's seriously SO HOT all the time. Fall or spring would be just as good! Plus, fewer thunderstorms to worry about. When I pack for festivals, I tend to go overboard. If I have to camp, then it's not as difficult, but if I know it'll be easy to go back to a cabin/house and change, then I bring three times as many clothes! The basics that I always bring, I shall list below:

My Essential Festival Clothes
  • Short shorts!
  • Denim cutoffs
  • Tank tops (with lots of fun details or pictures, as this is the easiest way to be creative with summer clothes)
  • Flip-flops
  • Birkenstocks!!
  • Headbands/Bandannas
  • Hair-ties (a LOT of hair-ties)
  • Sweatshirt (hey, it could get cold.. you never know)
  • Frisbee
  • ...and a really big bag
Mostly, festivals are about music and people-watching for me. But if you don't wear killer outfits, what will the other people-watchers have to watch?
I'll make sure to post any good festival fashion pictures I take this summer as soon as possible!

No comments: